It is not possible to cope with the early school leaving without tackling the root causes of the phenomenon. These ones appear, at an early stage, in the primary school relationship contexts and also within the affective family enviroments. In particular, it is crucial to concentrate the efforts on pupils (and their relationship world), who live in areas at risk or have disadvantage backgrounds, addressing specifically the educational and growth experiences of this age range.
FAS articulated activities aim at: promoting measures for early school leaving prevention, valorizing diversity through methodologies which enhance pupils’ emotional competences in school context.
- Systematizing European pedagogical practices and tools, especially those ones based on inclusive approaches and on diversity of learning styles, fostering integration of children with problem backgrounds.
- Nuturing pupils’ emotional and social competences within learning environments that valorize diversities
- Improving competences of primary and secondary junior schools teachers in order to develop inclusive didactic paths caring for pupils’ emotional and social growth.
- Involving pro-actively parents in the actions for the enhancement of emotional competences and social skills of their children.
- Promoting a permanent platform for peer learning and mutual exchange among national authorities in charge of school education, facilitating the adoption of common policies, measures and practices within the framework of ET2020.
Partners are committed in making available for schools, families, experts working in the field of education innovative products, among them::
- Participatory research on wellbeing at school, with new indications about pupils’ perception of learning environments, their emotional and life competences and learning styles.
- Pedagogical practices and tools with an experimentation protocol, to implement inclusive pedagogies for improving pupils’ emotional and social competences.
- Training curricula, courses and educational toolkits for teachers and parents, outlining models for the enhancement of emotional and social competences in pupils.
- Learning communities and stakeholder fora, to exchange methodologies, tools, experiences, enhancing the co-creation of effective educational models.
- Recommendations for the implementation of the reference policy in EU Member States.
- Testing and assessment formats and tools, to share the experimentation phases and to compare results and impacts.
- Educational networks, at national and European level, focused on the primary school contexts.
Download below the resourced develop by the project and check other available one sin the learning community library of the project here: http://www.fineatschool.eu/learning-community